Quick Link: Spoken Charms in Latin

Author: Quill ofQuillsOccultSupply / Labels:


Spoken Charms in Latin


As you may have noticed from previous posts, I love the Latin language.  Not only is it a beautiful, expressive tongue steeped in history, poetry, and romance, but it's also the main language of magic.

Countless spells feature Latin either spoken or written because of the time period from which they were derived and because of it's connections to the root of all communication.  Grimiores were written in it.  Talismans bear Latin instriptions.  To read and speak it is a potent way to access the power stored within.

While I could spend the rest of this post explaining pronunciation, it would be better for me to suggest you find one of the many web pages which describe Classical Latin pronunciation and use it as a guide.  Once you try Latin spells and see their worth, you will certainly want to be familiar with the basics so you can do even more spells with it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

My name is Quill and I've been practicing witchcraft for the past 17 years. 10 of those years I've been reading tarot and teaching.  I own a shop on Etsy called Quill's Occult Supply (check it out at QuillsOccultSupply.Etsy.com) full of handmade ritual and decorative items, spell components, and wild picked herbs.

I love to work with my hands.  Magic is a tool to shape our lives, and I'm using magic to shape tools to shape magic.  Cosmic! 

I use a lot of my favorite things in my shop: herbs, candles, wood, fabric, paint, clay.  And I get to carve, burn, grind, mold, think, dream ... I'm in the perfect business!

I've written 3 manuscripts for publication (2 non-fiction and 1 fiction) and am an avid NaNo-er!  I and my husband run a local coven called Orbis Prosapia, and our children are growing up surrounded by magic, mythology, fairy tales, Earth worship, art, open discussion, music, and humor. 

In addition to working on Ex Penna about my experiences as a professional witch, I also write for Scenes from the Circle about being a coven leader. 








Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive