Quick Link: Threefold Law

Author: Quill ofQuillsOccultSupply / Labels: , ,

Presented for your consideration:  Shocker: There is No Universal Threefold Law in Wicca


Normally, we wouldn't be discussing Wicca here at all but the concept of the Threefold Law has become so widespread that most people accept is as part of all magical traditions and not just a specific interpretation within a single path.  Even the "Harm None" dictim of the Wiccan Rede has been conversely named the "Witches Rede" by a variety of books and their readers.  The idea that we all should adopt any and all guidelines which will help us to appear less threatening to non-practitioners spread rapidly throughout the '90s and is only now beginning to taper off.

Read and consider.  I have my own theory on the misinterpretation of Gardener's tabboo on haggling for magical tools.  Remind me to tell you about it sometime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

My name is Quill and I've been practicing witchcraft for the past 17 years. 10 of those years I've been reading tarot and teaching.  I own a shop on Etsy called Quill's Occult Supply (check it out at QuillsOccultSupply.Etsy.com) full of handmade ritual and decorative items, spell components, and wild picked herbs.

I love to work with my hands.  Magic is a tool to shape our lives, and I'm using magic to shape tools to shape magic.  Cosmic! 

I use a lot of my favorite things in my shop: herbs, candles, wood, fabric, paint, clay.  And I get to carve, burn, grind, mold, think, dream ... I'm in the perfect business!

I've written 3 manuscripts for publication (2 non-fiction and 1 fiction) and am an avid NaNo-er!  I and my husband run a local coven called Orbis Prosapia, and our children are growing up surrounded by magic, mythology, fairy tales, Earth worship, art, open discussion, music, and humor. 

In addition to working on Ex Penna about my experiences as a professional witch, I also write for Scenes from the Circle about being a coven leader. 








Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive