Quick Link--100 Wise Words to Live By

Author: Quill ofQuillsOccultSupply / Labels:



100 Wise Words for Everyone


Lately I've been thinking a lot about the kind of rules we set for ourselves.  I know that in this disparate community of ours, setting limitations sounds like an awful idea to many people, but we do it even when we swear we won't.

In truth, finding the kind of rules that we can set our lives to (and for the magical person, our practice) is immensely helpful.  They become the kind of reassuring structure that gives peace of mind and direction.  As a natural note-taker and list-maker, I adore it.  In your own way--and to your own degree--you can too.

This week's Quick Link is a set of simple wisdoms that is meant to take the author's unborn son through a joyous life.  Reading his ideas on just what makes for not only proper behavior and social conduct but also happiness and fulfillment makes me think of what I'd call the wisdoms of magical practice.

So read this list and ponder.  Can we come up with 100 Wise Words for Magical People?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

My name is Quill and I've been practicing witchcraft for the past 17 years. 10 of those years I've been reading tarot and teaching.  I own a shop on Etsy called Quill's Occult Supply (check it out at QuillsOccultSupply.Etsy.com) full of handmade ritual and decorative items, spell components, and wild picked herbs.

I love to work with my hands.  Magic is a tool to shape our lives, and I'm using magic to shape tools to shape magic.  Cosmic! 

I use a lot of my favorite things in my shop: herbs, candles, wood, fabric, paint, clay.  And I get to carve, burn, grind, mold, think, dream ... I'm in the perfect business!

I've written 3 manuscripts for publication (2 non-fiction and 1 fiction) and am an avid NaNo-er!  I and my husband run a local coven called Orbis Prosapia, and our children are growing up surrounded by magic, mythology, fairy tales, Earth worship, art, open discussion, music, and humor. 

In addition to working on Ex Penna about my experiences as a professional witch, I also write for Scenes from the Circle about being a coven leader. 








Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive