Quick Link Monday--Grow Your Own Crystal Talisman

Author: Quill ofQuillsOccultSupply / Labels:

Grow Your Own Crystal Necklace


If you're snowed in (like I am) and looking for something useful to do with your hands, this might be it.  This week's link is for a great litle tutorial--complete with photos and plenty of dos and don'ts--for making beautiful pendants of alum crystals.

A neat science experiment for the kids.  A nice way for non DIY-ers to feel accomplished at jewelry-making.  Yes, there's that.  But then there's the fact that alum is a magical mineral with the impressive qualities of protection and purification but most especially stopping gossip against you.  What better way to halt those wagging tongues than to carry your defenses out in the open where they can be admired by kinder people?  Turn your enemies' disdain into your decoration!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo

My name is Quill and I've been practicing witchcraft for the past 17 years. 10 of those years I've been reading tarot and teaching.  I own a shop on Etsy called Quill's Occult Supply (check it out at QuillsOccultSupply.Etsy.com) full of handmade ritual and decorative items, spell components, and wild picked herbs.

I love to work with my hands.  Magic is a tool to shape our lives, and I'm using magic to shape tools to shape magic.  Cosmic! 

I use a lot of my favorite things in my shop: herbs, candles, wood, fabric, paint, clay.  And I get to carve, burn, grind, mold, think, dream ... I'm in the perfect business!

I've written 3 manuscripts for publication (2 non-fiction and 1 fiction) and am an avid NaNo-er!  I and my husband run a local coven called Orbis Prosapia, and our children are growing up surrounded by magic, mythology, fairy tales, Earth worship, art, open discussion, music, and humor. 

In addition to working on Ex Penna about my experiences as a professional witch, I also write for Scenes from the Circle about being a coven leader. 








Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive